Seeking the face of the Lord for 21 Days
Daniel went on a 21 –day fast with intensity in prayer (Dan. 10: 2-3)
When: It starts on Saturday (November 25th) 6:00am – 2:00pm Daily & ends on Friday (December 15th , 2023) at 2:00pm. If the Lord tarries, we shall meet at Midnight on 16th to Close with a Night-Vigil Prayer .
Who: We invite all Prayer Leaders and Prayer Warriors laboring on this Prayer Line (Telephone-Line-To-Heaven) and friends with families that we have been praying over the year.
Those who should not fast: (1) All Pregnant Women are exempted!!!
Elderly above 70years of age.(ii) Nursing mothers (iii) People with certain medical conditions(IV) Eating disorders(v)After surgery or a major illness (vi)Anyone who is afraid of fasting. Use Wisdom!
Why: For personal encounter with Jesus, to receive greater understanding of God’s heart for our Corporate Body (Telephone-line-to-Heaven and individuals) to know God’s plan as seen in the book of Daniel. To rededicate ourselves and be repositioned for God’s next move for Mankind.
- To personally encounter the Lord. – Daniel 9:3 – I set my face toward the Lord God …..By prayer. Daniel 10:12 – You set our hearts … to humble ourselves before our God …
- To confess and renounce our compromises and recommit our life to fully obey Jesus. Daniel 9:20 – I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and of my people…
- Repent …. Daniel 9:19 and Acts 3:19 – Repent.. That times of refreshing may come from God’s presence.
- To pray for a breakthrough for our families, churches, and nation – Psalm 122:6
- To pray for Deliverance – Joel 2: 15 – 20.
- To receive greater understanding from the Lord – Daniel 9:22.
- As Mandated by the Lord (Jesus) himself – Matthew 17:21 – Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Settings: Prayer Meetings will be conducted every night between 10:00pm – 11:00pm (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays); Mondays (11:00pm – 12:00 midnight) and Fridays (12:00am – 3:00am - during Night Vigils). ** No Prayer Meetings On Sunday and all other Intercessory and Importunity prayers are suspended for the month. **
What: We encouraged all to spend more time in Prayer and study of the book of Daniel. Prayer Points will be sent daily to pray to break the Fast. Corporate Prayer Points will be handled by Prayer Leader’s assigned for each day.
Prepare Yourself Spiritually
- The very foundation of fasting and prayer is repentance. Unconfessed sin will hinder your prayers. Here are several things you can do to prepare your heart:
- Ask God to help you make a comprehensive list of your sins.
- Confess every sin that the Holy Spirit calls to your remembrance and accept God's forgiveness (1 John 1:9).
- Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you (Mark 11:25; Luke 11:4; 17:3, 4).
- Make restitution as the Holy Spirit leads you.
- Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit according to His command in Ephesians 5:18 and His promise in 1 John 5:14,15.
- Surrender your life fully to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Master; refuse to obey your worldly nature (Romans 12:1,2).
- Meditate on the attributes of God, His love, sovereignty, power, wisdom, faithfulness, grace, compassion, and others (Psalm 48:9,10; 103:1-8. 11-13).
- Begin your time of fasting and prayer with an expectant heart (Hebrews 11:6).
- Do not underestimate spiritual opposition. Satan sometimes intensifies the natural battle between body and spirit (Galatians 5:16,17).
Prepare Yourself Physically
- Fasting requires reasonable precautions. Consult your physician first, especially if you take prescription medication or have a chronic ailment. Some persons should never fast without professional supervision.
- Physical preparation makes the drastic change in your eating routine a little easier so that you can turn your full attention to the Lord in prayer.
- Prepare your body. Eat smaller meals before starting a fast. Avoid high-fat and sugary foods.
- Eat raw fruit and vegetables for two days before starting a fast.
While You Fast
Your time of fasting and prayer has come. You are abstaining from all solid foods and have begun to seek the Lord. Here are some helpful suggestions to consider:
- Limit your activity.
- Exercise only moderately. Walk one to three miles each day if convenient and comfortable.
- Rest as much as your schedule will permit.
- Prepare yourself for temporary mental discomforts, such as impatience, crankiness, and anxiety.
- Expect some physical discomforts, especially on the second day. You may have fleeting hunger pains, dizziness, or the "blahs." Withdrawal from Solid and Favorite Food and sugar may cause headaches. Physical annoyances may also include weakness, tiredness, or sleeplessness.
- The first two or three days are usually the hardest. As you continue to fast, you will likely experience a sense of well-being both physically and spiritually. However, should you feel hunger pains, increase your liquid intake.
WHAT IS A DANIEL FAST?
- There are two primary scriptures related to the Daniel fast. In Daniel 10:3 we learn that Daniel ate no meat or tasty foods and drank no wine. In Daniel 1:12 we see that he ate only vegetables and drank water. In the KJV Bible, he ate pulse which is translated as z~ero~a - something growing from the seed. It includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes (peas or beans), nuts, seeds, tofu and herbs.Daniel 10:3 – I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth… (for) three weeks..
- Daniel Fast: Many agree that Daniel abstained from meat, sugar, dairy products, and sodas and from all pleasant foods.
- The Daniel fast is a real fast from food for spiritual reasons and for the purpose of enhancing our spiritual life.
- The point of fasting is to embrace a season of heightened consecration and focus on the Lord.
What you can eat:
- All fruits: These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned (in its own juice).
- All vegetables: These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned.
- All whole grains: Including but not limited to brown rice, quinoa, oats, barley, and whole wheat pasta.
- All unsalted nuts and seeds: Including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, and sesame.
- All legumes: These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, and white beans made into Moin-Moin and Akara made from the Oils listed in point (J) below in all quality oils.
- All quality oils: Including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.
- Beverages: 100% apple & orange juice and water.
- Other: tofu, soy products, seasonings, salt, herbs and spices.
This Fasting purposes: Beverages: Including coffee, tea, herbal teas and Boiled Eggs will be allowed for those who cannot do without it ****
What you cannot eat:
- All meat and animal products: Including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.
- All dairy products: Including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- All sweeteners: Including but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
- All leavened bread: Including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.
- All refined and processed food products: Including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
- All fried foods: Including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, and corn chips.
- All solid fats: Including shortening, margarine, lard, and foods high in fat.
As we sincerely humble ourselves before the Lord, in repentance and prayer, to seek God's face; we should consistently meditate on His Word, we will experience a heightened awareness of His presence (John 14:21). The Lord will give us fresh, new spiritual insights. Our confidence and faith in God will be strengthened. We will feel mentally, spiritually, and physically refreshed. God will give us Fresh Insight into “Spiritual Warfare” and we shall see answers to your prayers. May the good Lord answer all our prayers and May we all have testimonies, even before the end of the process.
God Bless you as we approach the God of Heaven through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.